Sweating is mechanism of our body to take charge of maintaining an appropriate body temperature and helps in elimination of toxins out of body. Sweating in a normal way is good for health but some people sweat excessively due to a condition called as hyperhidrosis. This condition may occur due to many reasons like stress, anxiety and sometimes genetics. In such conditions some parts of our body like groin, underarms, forehead, palm, feet etc tend to excessively sweat. Sometimes this condition may lead to humiliation and particularly when there is a foul odour related t it due to bacterial action. Here are few natural ways to control excess sweating.
- Lemon – Lemon is very effective in controlling sweat and foul odour. It has astringent properties and its citric properties help in reducing the amount of sweat flow. It acts as natural deodorant which controls bad odour with its strong and fresh fragrance. It is effectively mainly against underarms sweating. Rub slice of lemon and wash off after 30 minutes.
- Baking Soda – It is rich in acidic property which reduces excessive sweating by controlling the sweat glands and cleans away the bacteria. Baking soda with its acidic nature tends to lower the pH of your body which in return reduces the amount of sweat. Apply some baking powder on affected area and clean off after an hour. It can be added with coconut oil to make a paste and on applying daily on affected area, it reduces excess sweating.
- Coconut Oil – It is rich and effective treatment against excessive sweating. The lauric acid present in coconut oil reduces bacterial invasion. Apply little amount of coconut oil in the affected areas or the areas where you sweat most, leave on and wash off while taking a shower.
- Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar is most effective in reducing excess sweating and bacterial attack due to its acidic properties and maintains a low body pH. It can be applied to all the affected areas like armpits, feet, palm etc for effective result. Apply apple cider vinegar under your armpits at night and wash off next morning. To reduce foot sweating, soak your feet in warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and wash off after 30 minutes.
- Tomato – It is a rich fruit packed with goodness of anti-oxidants and its astringent properties constricts the pore and reduce excessive sweating. Crush a tomato and apply the tomato paste on the affected area for effective results. Alternatively make juice by grinding 2 to 3 tomatoes and drink regularly to minimise excessive perspiration.
- Tea – The regular black tea is very effective is reducing excess sweating as its tannic acid content decreases the pH of the body and has anti-per spirant properties. Black tea reduces the size or shrinks the sweat glands making them incapable of excess sweat release and the astringent properties minimised bacterial attack. You may use wet tea bag under your armpits and hold them for 30 minutes. Boil black tea leaves and soak your feet in the water for 30 minutes before washing off with normal water.
These are some of the quick and cost effective home remedy for treating excessive sweating and save you from embarrassment.