Pain and inflammation are two things that deeply inflict individuals concentrating all the attention on the part affected. Whether it is a stinging headache or arthritis pain or other chronic pain like joint pain, back pain or toothache, it is not a pleasant feeling and we rely on pain-killers to get rid of it. Little do we know that too much of pain-killers can create side effects and in some cases drug toxicity in our body. Joint pain and arthritis are two worst pains and to get rid of them, there are some alternate natural and traditional remedies with use of herbs and natural products. Try these in case of joint pain and inflammation to ease the pain.
- Turmeric – It is one of the oldest Indian spices which can help in reducing the level of pain and inflammation. It has been used since time immemorial to soothe something as major as fracture and sprains. It is very effective against arthritis as it releases some medicinal components which helps in reduction of the inflammation.
- Guggul – It is called Mukul Myrrh, a plant of Indian origin and is used as pain reliever since ages. The gum or resin of the plant is known to contain an active ingredient known as guggulsterone which is found to eliminate pain and treat arthritis, rheumatoid and other joint pain. The resin is also known to scavenge out toxins from body.
- Ginger – It is a spice which is known to give anti-inflammatory effect and reduce swelling and redness. According to research it was found that the active ingredient present in ginger is very effective against relieving pain from neurodegenerative disease like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s etc. Ginger is also active remedy against join pain and arthritis.
- Pineapple – Pineapple is very effective in treating pain and inflammation due to presence of an enzyme Bromelain in it. Bromelain component of pineapple is absorbed in the bloodstream without being degraded by enzymes of stomach and on its circulation in the body is known to reduce pain and inflammation. Pineapple juice everyday is very effective for patients suffering from arthritis, rheumatoid and other joint pain.
- White Willow – The bark of this tree is very effective in reducing pain and treating inflammation. It is popular for treating fever and eliminates toxins out of body. The bark of the tree is known to contain a component known as salicin, which is absorbed in our body and helps in reducing inflammation. The willow bark can be dried and used as tea. Boil one tablespoon of willow tree bark with water and drink it regularly to reduce pain of joints and back.
- Egg – The Egg Membrane present in egg as transparent layer beneath the egg shell is very effective against pain and swelling. It is rich in compounds like glucosamine and collagen protein which possibly helps in healing. As per research it was found that regular intake of egg membrane help in reducing pain from arthritis. It also helps in rapid healing of wound and cut.
Pain – Killers are necessary sometimes but don’t forget to try these natural products but it has given proven relief against joint pain, arthritis and back pain.