Blood is an important and most pivotal component of our body with RBC being a dominant blood cell. RBC consists of a very important iron rich protein called haemoglobin which is responsible for oxygen transport throughout the body. The major role played by haemoglobin is carrying oxygen from lungs to body tissues and carbon dioxide from body to lungs. Deficiency in haemoglobin level leads to many problems like weakness, dizziness, paleness, headaches etc. Deficiency in haemoglobin may be due to deficiency of many important components like iron which is important for RBC production and components like Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Iron etc which promotes haemoglobin production. Here are list of few power foods which promotes development haemoglobin.
- Pomegranate- It is one of the most beneficial and efficient haemoglobin producers. The seeds of the fruit have high concentration of iron which promotes RBC and haemoglobin production. It is a also rich in other essential nutrients like calcium, protein, carbohydrates etc. Regular intake of pomegranate as fruit or juice promotes efficient blood flow with increased concentration of haemoglobin.
- Beetroot – It has rich concentration of iron and folic acid which promotes the formation of haemoglobin and increases RBC count. It is recommended to include beetroot in your salad. Alternatively you may also extract the juice out of beetroot, add a little e bit of lemon and salt and drink it as juice.
- Leafy green vegetables – These vegetables are very rich in iron concentration and its regular intake can help meet the requirement for iron. The iron content helps in increasing the RBC count. They are also rich in Vitamin C which binding of the iron and promoting formation of haemoglobin. Include these leafy vegetables in your diet or alternatively extract their juice in water and drink twice a week.
- Dry spices and herbs – Sometimes our body is not able to absorb right amount of iron and is unable to promote formation of haemoglobin despite high iron content food intake. In such case, dry herbs are very effective as they aid the absorption of iron to promote the formation of the protein. Add spice or herbs like coriander, bay leaf, spearmint, basil etc which ensures healthy blood flow.
- Lentils – Lentils like Rajma, Urad dal, Moong Dal, Toor dal, Chickpea etc are rich in iron content which makes them suitable for increasing the concentration of haemoglobin. These lentils are also rich source of folic acid. Increase the intake of lentils as folic acid is important for promoting the production of haemoglobin.
- Nettle – It is a natural herb with rich concentration of iron, Vitamin C and B which promotes the production of haemoglobin inside your body. It is available in the market and you can drink it like nettle tea. Boil water and add 2 spoons of dried nettle leaves, allow the water to cool a little consume the strained water.
These are some of the natural food which increases haemoglobin level. It is also important to exercise regularly as it promotes the production of haemoglobin to meet the increased demand for oxygen.